Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fuzzy Warmth and Comfort Food


On this amazingly cold morning, I could think of nothing better than sitting by a lovely stone fireplace fire a-blazing and sipping my morning cup of tea, securely wrapped in a soft, warm quilt. I mean... even the water froze, despite the faucet trickling overnight in this ol' trailer, so it must have gotten pretty nippy last night.

Well, once I grumpily climbed out of bed, it just took one look at our four legged buddy Tucker to melt my heart. We have no fireplace and he's not really a tea drinker, but he sure had the blankie thing down. The only thing that will wake that slumber is my hubbie making one of his famous breakfasts. The prospect of pre-washing our dishes after we eat is a pretty strong draw!

Now that I have hubbie Nut's biscuits and gravy silencing the grumble in my tummy and the memory of a fleece wrapped Tuckie, I am armored up for what I know is going to be a good day.

Hope yours is a good one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment