Thursday, March 29, 2012

Power of the Pen or Power Cord?

There is always an event that makes your life come to a crumbling halt. Mine was a perfectly working computer.

What was wrong?

I suddenly found myself with a power cord that somehow fried itself, and I could not recharge my laptop. Ergo, no computer.

Wow!

Suddenly I am paralyzed mentally. What am I to do? I can't even write notes on Wordpad. I have thoughts I must get down. I must blog! What am I going to do? I can't download my brain!

Then I see it. It's a ... I think it's a pen. Feverishly I rush to my office desk drawer. I plow through forgotten layers and found a lost friend.... the old style word pad, um I think it's called a note pad... no not that one... this one has paper and you have to physically write on it. I think I did this once or twice in high school.

Oh golly! It's two weeks until my new power cord gets here. Can I make it? My first anxiety attack is already in the making.

Then oddly, thru tactile practice... I started to remember the art of handwriting a journal. It was a lost love. High school English class was when I began to learn the love of writing. Keeping a journal was a class assignment. Going through that process helped me through tough times in those years....a handy one to know.

Now it's a time to re-connect to old-school writing. I put pen to paper and something extra comes out of me. Perhaps it's like today's hip musician who puts down the electric guitar and picks up an old acoustic. I write. The old school wannabe philosopher who writes unabashed about heart-felt ideals. I feverishly jot down my blogging ideas with... no way to upload them. AAARGH!

Sweet harmony... my anxiety fit subsides. That welcome package arrives in the mail. I'm back! The power cord is here! Sweet hubbie's lastest major bout of sainthood, dealing with a wife without her computer, may rest for the time being. He can have back his soulmate who now smiles a bit easier.

Will I still write old school? Quite possibly.

Simple Life: I can still write without a computer.

Simple Pleasure: Having a working computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment